Re: [OM] OM2/OM2S frozen in with mirror up?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2/OM2S frozen in with mirror up?
From: "Jan Sturm \(GMX\)" <jan.sturm@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 16:00:22 +0200
Put the program switch into off / manual. Remove and replace batteries with fresh ones - make sure you get real SR44s (Says "Silver Oxide" on the package - Voltage is nominal at 1.55)

If the mirror doesn't come down by itself: Set Shutter Speed to "B" and Reset to some other speed.

If that still doesn't help:

Shutter back to "B" and then move the program select lever through all its positions twice.

Hope that helps,

Jan (who has just bought a NIB OM-3 Ti from Olympus Europe ;-))) )

Fast Primes wrote:
I happen to have both an OM2 and OM2S, frozen with their mirror up--where both remained after just firing the shutter. I suspect (or rathe hope) they both need fresh batteries. How do I get them "unfrozen"?

Thanks.

fast_primes