[OM] ABUSE OF THE TERM MINT

Subject: [OM] ABUSE OF THE TERM MINT
From: "danrich" <danrich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 08:01:09 -1000
I am sure I am not the only one who is tired of winning auctions on eBay
for something that was described as "mint condition" only to be
disappointed after unpackaging and finding flaws or damage. About 500f
the items that I have bought on eBay over the last few years have been
far less than described.
Ebay seems like a dumping ground for damaged goods unless there are a
lot of blind people out there.
Come on eBay sellers quit misusing the words mint to describe your
items.

First of all, the word mint should only be used to describe coins.
"Mint" in the coin collecting business means flawless and basically only
handled by one or two people after production before the coin is placed
in some type of protective cover.
Seems to be a ban wagon of sheepish sellers who find a new word only to
misuse it.

Almost as bad as the abuse of words as;
YOU KNOW
LIKE
UNBELIEVABLE
ACTUALLY
MAN
SHE GOES
HE GOES
YOU KNOW
TOTALLY
EXACTLY
COOL
DUDE

Don't get me started on the strange slag across the pond :)