[OM] National Geographic - June issue with OM macro shots

Subject: [OM] National Geographic - June issue with OM macro shots
From: Frank Griffin <frankrad4@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 20:28:26 -0400
Hi All,
           I was thumbing at the new issue of National Geographic and
picture of a photographer using an OM-4ti caught my eye. It was in one of
the "On Assignment articles that shows how a photo was set up to capture
a shot of a caterpillar munching on ant larvae. The insects are on a
glass plate and the camera is in position under the glass. I can't tell
for sure what lens is on the camera, maybe a 38/2.8 ? I can't see what
extension tube is used , there seems to be a tube around the outside of
the lens, maybe to position the glass. If anyone knows what this set-up
is, OLY or what I'd like to know. Anyway, the photograpers name is
Darlyne Murawski and there are some magnificent shots of insects in the
mag. I thought some of you OM fans might be interested in this.

                             Frank