Re: [OM] more on metering...

Subject: Re: [OM] more on metering...
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 22:52:25 -0400
Cc: <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I feel a case of the vapors coming on.

If the sun is low in the sky and your  incident meter is 10 feet further from
the sun than your subject, the amount of light falling
on the meter is less than the amount of light falling on the subject since it
falls off with the according to the Lord's inverse
square rule which will give you overexposure but I'll leave the actual
calculation to Moose who really likes those sub-sub 1/3 stop
values.

:)  It's okay everybody, I'm only kidding.

Lama