[OM] OM 2S meter on the blink. Fixable or RIP?

Subject: [OM] OM 2S meter on the blink. Fixable or RIP?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 19:52:59 EDT
One of my OM 2S bodies has a meter which has gone on strike a time or two
recently.  It stops working and then I can sometimes get it started up again.
 Although I've taken the batteries out and put them back in, changed the
shutter speed, gone through the various meter modes, stuck pens in a voodoo
doll and done a few Gregorian chants, I cannot tell you what got it started
again.  Any ideas to try at home before sending it off to be repaired?  Is
this perhaps the death rattle and I should just retire it to the book shelf
or the bone yard for the few parts it would yield?  Bill Barber