[OM] Well it finally happened. My shoe 4 bit the dust

Subject: [OM] Well it finally happened. My shoe 4 bit the dust
From: bsandyman@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 16:07:17 +0000
The hotshoe finally cracked enough that the pins that insert into my OM2n no
longer make good contact. The timming was excelant as I was at a wedding.
Fortunatly I was merely a guest.

So what I am thinking is that instead of fooling around and trying to get one of
the rapidly dwindling replacement shoes, I would get a body that doesn't have
this problem.

Apparently them OM2s or OM2sp have fixed shoes and would also support my motor
drive 2 and my power bounce grip 2.

That's what I gather from my brief read on e-sif, but I couldn't get a good
picture of the auto cord connector on the OM2s/p to verify.

Anyway the thing I am speculating on is if a trade would be feasible. If I
offered my OM2n, a zuiko 50 f1.8, and a shoe 4 autoconnector adapter thingy for
an OM2s or OM2sp, would anybody byte? Is this an unfair trade?

Also what kinds of things do I need to know about these bodies. I seem to
recolect some of them have green LEDs that have too high current draw or
something.

I am not ready to jump just at the moment. I am still trying to make up my mind,
but I appreciate any opinions anyone wants to offer.

--
Clendon