Re: [OM] Dying LCD's, or whatever they are

Subject: Re: [OM] Dying LCD's, or whatever they are
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 12:31:39 -0400
Bill Stanke wrote:

>BTW, I read once that the LCD displays were estimated to have a
>useful life of 15 years.  This would be right around NOW for an
>OM-2S.  Something else to worry about.

I read that somewhere, too.  But I've got two 20-year-old OM-4's
and one 17-year-old OM-4, and the viewfinder displays are still
going strong in all of them.

But now I have this question:  Are these realy LCD displays?  They
don't look anything like what I see on my Motor Drive 2's, which
are obviously--at least to me--LCD's.  And they sure don't look
like LED's.  Makes me wonder just exactly what these things in the
viewfinder are.

Yes, I know I'm ignurnt.  But even us what ain't all that smart
gets to a-wonderin' and a-ponderin' ever oncet in a while.

Walt