[OM] Lightweight kit for Ireland, was 135/2.8 ... travel kits

Subject: [OM] Lightweight kit for Ireland, was 135/2.8 ... travel kits
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 18:30:15 +0100
I have just been on a trip with my wife to Ireland. I took two Contax RFs (G1 & G2) with 28, 35, 45 and 90 and my OM4 with 21/3.5 and 50-250/5. The Contax cameras were for mono and colour print respectively, while the OM was for more extreme angles and was loaded with Provia 100, rated at 400. Although this is not a lightweight kit overall (3 bodies and 6 lenses) the RF bits are pretty small and the OM kit is minimal. It is not particularly fast, hence the uprated Provia, but with my Camcane (versatile monopod, mentioned several times before, marketed by Billingham), but it suited the May weather in Connemara.

I shall put the results up on a temporary website when the slides return from the processor, but the colours in Ireland (when the sun shone between showers) will have suited slide film well.

Chris

p.s. Ryanair have managed to lose my Camcane after it was decided at a late stage that it could be an offensive weapon and it had to go in the hold... lucky I have a spare ;-)