RE: [OM] Well it finally happened. My shoe 4 bit the dust

Subject: RE: [OM] Well it finally happened. My shoe 4 bit the dust
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 20:10:02 +0100
Clendon

The OM2SP (or OM2Spot/Program) does have a fixed hotshoe with three
contacts, and also has a five-pin TTL auto connector.  It will therefore
work with a Bounce Grip 2, so long as you have a TTL cord or TTL Shoe cord
to connect the BG2 to the camera.  That may well be the cord you already
have!

The earliest OM2SP does have a green flash-ready viewfinder LED, which is
indeed reputed to show heavier battery drain than later red-LED versions -
but that only applies when the flash is connected and powered.  I have not
noticed much wrong with my own.

You should be aware that the fixed shoe can become loose with time - there
is maybe 0.5mm radial play in mine - but that is better than the 1mm
vertical play in my 4T!

If you are interested, you may just prevent me putting the 2SP up on the
auction site...

Piers