Re: [OM] Dying LCD's, or whatever they are

Subject: Re: [OM] Dying LCD's, or whatever they are
From: VS <VS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 09:50:14 +1000
In the message I received, "Walt Wayman" writes:

>Makes me appreciate my 40-year-old Graplex gear all the more.  I
>just wish I could find a good, affordable MF scanner.   Anybody
>know anything about the Canon Perfection 3200, which claims
>3200x6400 dpi optical resolution for (a mere) $379?  Sounds much
>too good to be true.

Walt,

It's either Epson Perfection 3200 or Canon CanoScan 9900F.

Both say they offer 3200x6400 dpi optical resolution.

Here's Norman Koren's page with Epson 3200 test results:

http://www.normankoren.com/Tutorials/Epson_flatbeds.html#Hello3200

And here's Daniel Staver's page with Canon 9900F test results:

http://download.petraflux.com/

All I can say after having 3200 for the last month and a half is -- it's
fast and it works fine for me. Oh, and 3200x6400 dpi optical resolution?
Uhum, uhum.

Cheers,

Saso