Re: [OM] Family snapshots (mostly OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Family snapshots (mostly OT)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 21:04:28 -0700
Thanks for sharing a very moving story. I'm sorry for your loss, but happy that it worked the way it did for you. Those final hours sound like precious family moments.

My father followed his usual procedure from a number of back and neck surgeries over the years when he had his 1st (known) heart attack. He had my mother tell us all NOT to visit until they had him stabilized and he felt better. Needless to say, after a few days he had a massive attack in the cardiac care unit and died despite their best efforts. His body was still warm when I got there, but he had prevented his children from final interaction with him. Typical of him though. Of course, since he had , politely, thrown me out for visiting once before it was ok with him in the past, I obeyed this time, as others.

Of the 2 images you present, I much prefer the one without the filter. It is so wonderfully warm and human, while the filtered one just looks sort of jagged. Just one man's opinion of web quality/size images.

I've also gone through the protracted death of a wife, from cancer, and brother, from aids, so I have some mild idea what you are going through and wish you the very best in your journey through this difficult time.

Peace and Love,
  Moose

Marc Lawrence wrote:

At 7.07am on the 11th May 2003, Mother's Day, my family
held onto each other and Dad as his breathing, which had
been so labouring and so threatening of finality so many
times over that last week, finally slowed and stopped.

I have my memories, and I have my pictures to entangle with
and imbue them.

Marc