Re: [OM] OT- MF, God and Budda Nature, was Does buying a medium format m

Subject: Re: [OM] OT- MF, God and Budda Nature, was Does buying a medium format make sense anymore?
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 18:22:52 +0800
Moose wrote:

Sounds like you may be at a point in your life where you feel unfulfilled and are searching for meaning/purpose. MF equipment and big slides are unlikely to provide that, cheap thrills don't last. But, like Zuikoholism, they are less harmful than other addictive behaviors that hurt more than the pocketbook.

The better, more fulfilling answer is always in love, compassion, whatever spells for you the ultimate force that glues everything together. There is always a bigger, more satisfactory answer inside than anything we can find to acquire outside. The inner struggle, and giving in, is more likely to fulfill than any number of Fujis, Mayiyas, Rolleis, etc. Maybe it's time to let the 'anal nerd' go and a new version of Albert emerge?

Peace, brother,
  Moose

Moose.. you speak wisely..

But if we were to get rid of the cheap, brief, ultimately unfulfilling thrills in our life, all we'd have left is work! ;-)

It might be just an inner calling to blossom..  We'll see..

I went from shooting cheap consumer film to better film to reala.. now I guess I'll move to slide and see if that was the calling I have pined for...

Albert