Re: [OM] Adaptall problem question

Subject: Re: [OM] Adaptall problem question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 12:21:32 -0700
There should only be very small forces involved if everything is properly aligned and connected. Take the adapter off the lens and make sure the f-stop moves freely, it should be really loose and easy to move. If that's OK, then put the adapter on a body without a lens. The black adapter tab needs to be on the red dot end, counterclockwise viewed from the front, when mounting adapter on camera without a lens. The f-stop tab should move very freely for the first part of its travel, then encounter spring resistance as it starts to push the sensor lever in the camera. You can easily see this mechanical connection inside the camera with a flashlight. I don't see where the problem can be anywhere else, as movement of the aperture ring on the lens simply transmits that movement to through the linkage in the adaptall to move the lever/follower in the camera. The whole mechanical linkage can be easily seen and manipulated to make sure it moves correctly.

Moose

danrich wrote:

I have a Tamron Adaptall that disconnects from the f stop movement bracket. I
hope this makes sense, I figured I could just bend it in to make it a better
connection but it's hardened steel and won't bend easily. Any help on how not
to lose anymore pictures because of how it jumps out of it f stop slot?