Re: [OM] 24mm or 28mm do you use more for travelling?

Subject: Re: [OM] 24mm or 28mm do you use more for travelling?
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 01:20:05 -0300
on 21/05/2003 00:52, Albert at olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Do you guys find the 24mm a little too wide or no?
Obviously this thread favors the 24.
It depends where are you travelling to.
I wish I could show my pictures of Paris with the 28; e.g: the interior of
the Sacre Coeur or the Saint Chapelle. The latter needed careful composing I
must admit, but the Sacre Coeur interiors would be lost with a 24 - same
with the Vatican. Of course, don't try to frame the Arc de Triomphe from its
sidewalk with a 28, but I don't think a 24 would help either. And if you
wish to picture the Colliseum with a 24, you'll need to walk quite near it
and maybe select a careful perspective so to include the Arc of Tito in the
same frame, at the risk of oversizing it. Same thing with la Fontana de
Trevi, too much water and the sculptures far away. And Piazza España, how
far will the church appear?

IMHO

Fernando