Re: [OM] 24mm or 28mm do you use more for travelling?

Subject: Re: [OM] 24mm or 28mm do you use more for travelling?
From: "Daniel Mitchell" <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 22:35:37 -0600
> Do you guys find the 24mm a little too wide or no?

 Sometimes, but as I said, that's what cropping is for. I've found myself
using a 17mm for street shooting from time to time, even, though that takes
a lot of work to avoid weirdness.

 Oh, and re: 24/2 -vs- 24/2.8, I've got the 24/2, and the extra speed is
really helpful -- shooting interiors, again, very often you can only move so
far back before you end up with your back against a wall, and inside, it's
nice to have all the speed you can get.

 Some examples of shots I took with a 24 where the 28 wouldn't have been
wide enough, and the 24 was occasionally pushing it:

http://www.danielmitchell.net/gallery/index.php?currDir=./Trip/disneyland/el
ectrical_parade

 (here, admittedly I _could_ have moved back, but then there'd have been
people's heads in the way)

 -- dan