re:[OM] good repair persons?

Subject: re:[OM] good repair persons?
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 09:20:21 -0600
At 07:30 AM 5/21/2003 -0700, Mike wrote:

>Nope, they moved, just not far. Used to be right on Westlake. Now up on 513 >Dexter Ave. N., just north (3, 4 blocks?) of Denny Way, just east immediately
>across Hwy 99 from the Space Needle (REAL close to where Mercer St. dips
>under 99)......
>
>P.S.  Speaking of Eastlake, go up Eastlake Ave. to the new REI store....

Thanks for the info Rich. i occasionally have to go to the big city on
business and am always hoping for enough time for a stop at REI or
somewhere like Glazer's but my extra time is mostly spent stuck in
traffic :>(

Mike:

Since you're so close to the border with us Canucks, next time you're in Vancouver Canada drop into the MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-op) Store if you haven't already done so. Same idea as REI, but (IMNSHO) better quality and lower prices (and more "hard-core" stuff, if you know what I mean). Selection can be greater than REI in some respects, lesser in others. (I found a pair of super-lightweight gloves in the downtown Seattle REI last August that didn't have an exact match at MEC -- otherwise, I would've simply gone to the MEC ten minutes from my house.)

Garth