[OM] OT Outdoor suppliers, was good repair persons?

Subject: [OM] OT Outdoor suppliers, was good repair persons?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 13:13:30 -0700
I used to get the LL Bean catalog and occasionally bought stuff from them. Then I visited the 'mother ship' in Freeport almost 2 years ago. What a disapointment! Instead of having many different designs of parkas, for instance, they have 2-3 designs. They have huge quantities of stuff, so it looks great when you walk around, but poor selection. I wandered all over that store and didn't buy a thing. I'll probably be in Maine again later this year, but I'll take a pass on the main Bean store. May take a look in the outlet store. The REI here in Berkeley is a much better store. I just spent about $250 there, maybe it should be far away too :-) .

Moose

John Hudson wrote:

The only other outlet I have been to that comes anywhere near MEC is LL Bean in
Freeport, Maine. However, LL Bean is targetted more towards the upscale well
healed SUV / Range Rover crowd in comparison!