[OM] no

Subject: [OM] no
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 15:18:56 -0500
>I've been using Fuji slide film ( Velvia 50 + Provia 400 ASA) with great
>results but I'm looking for a in between slide film speed at 200 ASA.
>Any help?
Sure, always opinions!

I don't see the need for an asa 200 film, except of course, for Scala. I
just can't see that there's a need for that fine a jump between 100 and 400,
as, in the course of a roll, there will usually be much greater differences
in light.

My advice? Wait a month or two, and go to 100 Velvia and pair it with 400
Provia.  Or, standardize on Provia 100 and 400, and use Velvia 50 as a
special effect film.

Frankly, I've never seen why anyone even makes asa 200 film. If there's not
enough light for 100, one stop isn't going to help that much, so you might
as well go to 400, especially considering the improvements in higher speed
film. why not standardize on asa 200 instead of 100? If I'm using 100, I may
well want the effect of a slower shutter speed or wider aperture.

Bill Pearce