[OM] The fading nature of history..

Subject: [OM] The fading nature of history..
From: "Daniel Mitchell" <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 19:58:06 -0600
 See previous post -- I was just ringing around the other local shops to see
if anyone has a replacement for the XA that Foto Services seem to have
broken for me. First place says "you're looking for an XA? So am I, mate".
Second one says "we get those in from time to time, but not right now".

 The third one, the conversation went as follows:

 "I'm looking for an Olympus XA"
 "A what?"
 "One of the old Olympus rangefinders"
 "A what?"
 "A rangefinder, it's small and black and it'd be in the used section"
 "So what does this rangefinder fit on?"

 at which point she went off to talk to someone else less ignorant, and no,
they don't have one either.

 But sheesh -- it's a sad state of affairs when someone working in a camera
shop doesn't know what a rangefinger is..