RE: [OM] Lightweight kit for Ireland, was 135/2.8 ... travel kits

Subject: RE: [OM] Lightweight kit for Ireland, was 135/2.8 ... travel kits
From: "Gary L. Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 22:11:43 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Chris Barker
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 12:30 PM
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have just been on a trip with my wife to Ireland.  I took two Contax
RFs (G1 & G2) with 28, 35, 45 and 90 and my OM4 with 21/3.5 and
50-250/5.
<snip>

Chris

p.s. Ryanair have managed to lose my Camcane after it was decided at a
late stage that it could be an offensive weapon and it had to go in the
hold... lucky I have a spare ;-)

Chris,

I have always considered my tripod or monopod, when carried in the cabin of an
airliner, as a defensive weapon, should the need arise.  A long cable release
makes a servicable garrote, by the way.

Looking forward to seeing the examples from Ireland.  My current plan for the
walking around kit there in July is:

One OM-4T
21/3.5 (may drop this one if I get religious about weight)
24/2.8
50/1.4 SC silver nose
85/2 or 100/2.8 (having a hard time deciding, since I want a 100 for the
airshow)
180/2.8

All fits in a tiny Tamrac fanny pack, with a couple of rolls of P100F.  Monopod
carried separately.

Then, back in England for the Legends airshow, add the Tamron 400/4 and 1.4X-A,
a second OM-4T and one Winder 2.  Oh, yeah, enormously heavy Bogen tripod and
head for the 400.  I wish I could stash the big lens and tripod somewhere in
England for the first 10 days of the trip.

Gary Edwards

www.peopleplacesflight.com