Re: [OM] Well it finally happened. My shoe 4 bit the dust

Subject: Re: [OM] Well it finally happened. My shoe 4 bit the dust
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 10:57:25 -0400
Hey, it worked.  It still works.  It took me 10 minutes and cost
me about 2 cents.  I've used this T Power Control 1 at least a
dozen times since I sinned with it and the epoxy.  I've got two
others that are like new, but I use the glued one instead.  It
took me 20 years to break it the first time, and if I go that long
before I break it again, I'll be 82, probably drooling and
incoherent and won't give a (here insert expletive of choice).
But if the wires are still holding, like they were last time, I'll
just epoxy the damn thing back again.  If not, I'll get out one of
the others.

And further, I deliberately used very little epoxy in the repair,
just enough to hold the parts together.  Should it experience
another bump, I have no doubt the foot will break loose at least
as easily as if it were still screwed on.  I did have enough sense
to take this precaution, because I'd rather have a broken T Power
Control than have the hot shoe ripped off an OM-4Ti.

Walt, chastised, but unbowed, and sticking to his story.