[OM] ( OM ) OT brief - pdf

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) OT brief - pdf
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 11:59:21 +1200
Hi folks

Many thanks for all the information, offers of help and advice offered on pdf
writing.

I have just spent the morning working with Acrobat 4 on my W'95 system
and Word 6 files, after a fresh installation.

Acrobat won't integrate with Word6, use rtf files on my system nor use the
system fonts. It uses the fonts it brings with it. (probably different on other
computers).

However, thanks to your help I understand more about the "printers" and how
to control them, I now know that if I put copies of the TT fonts I use in the
Acrobat fonts directory it will use at least some of them, and of course I can
save rtf files as doc files (but I have to reformat (or check the formatting)
for
the whole 170 pages !! as for some reason I just do not understand, Word 6
does not preserve the exact same formatting between rtf and doc.).

I'm getting there.

OM content. I did spend at least some of the time wishing I was taking
photos instead.

Cheers, Brian