Re: [OM] Good image cataloging/sorting software?

Subject: Re: [OM] Good image cataloging/sorting software?
From: baysm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 05:30:42 -0700 (PDT)
I've been looking too. Slide Scribe has some image managing software:

http://www.slidescribe.com/swic.shtml

I've also thought about simply creating a spread sheet in Excel, create
multiple fields for: subject, location, date, who's in the pic, etc.,
etc.. Then reference a picture number of some kind which would identify
location, such as a CD, hard drive, etc., perhaps even create a hotlink in
the spread sheet for each pic. The nice thing about Excel is that you can
very quickly sort and filter in single columns or multiple columns, i.e.
"flowers", "aunt Bea", "Olympic peneinsula", "1986", etc.

Problem is, it appears that any cataloging system requires some effort on
my part!! You HAVE to do entry work!! I'm just lazy enough I haven't quite
got there yet!