Re: [OM] OT: audiophile's news

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: audiophile's news
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 06:51:56 -0600
At 01:51 AM 5/23/2003 -0400, Lama wrote:
I apologize for this off-topic post. I hope that I've proven to a be a helpful, if sometimes quick-tempered member and will allowed
to be off-topic this once.

I put my LP turntable on the wall. This might not sound like a big deal but it is. Ten years ago, I bought "shelf brackets" and
put up a particle board shelf.  How hard could it be, right?

[snip]

Did anyone read all of this?

Yes, but I can't claim I'm smart enough to understand it. Why not just use a synthetic "jelly" pad (like the ones used for wrist rests when operating a computer mouse)? A lot less heavy, and a great vibration damper.

Garth (no Ph.D. in Physics here, mang!)