Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT snipe message and the Bay

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT snipe message and the Bay
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 11:38:00 -0700
AuctionStealer is a sniping service that I, and I believe others on the list, use. They give 10 free snipes a month with some limits on wwhen you can set them up. I just sniped 3 small item in the last few days with AuctionStealer. I've been on the lookout for an invercone for the Weston Master V, which seems even more interesting in light of the recent thread on incident metering. They are always available from the UK, but the prices are high. I picked up 2 with 2 separate snipes from a single seller in Australia for a grand total of $15, including airmail.

So anyway, AuctionStealer is a legit operation. However, I didn't receive an e-mail like Brian's, although I am a regular user, and you, who apparently don't even know they exist, received one. And the address is not at AuctionStealer, so it sounds a bit iffy.

Moose

Craig Henrikson wrote:

Brian -- I got the message, but have never heard of "Auctionstealer" before.
Don't give them anything!

Craig

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello everybody.

Did any of you get a message like this one to me that arrived 4 hours ago? I
have asked the supposed operator to verify that they are the source; and am
concerned that maybe this is a hoax.