[OM] RE: Boris is and idiot, was lens evaluation

Subject: [OM] RE: Boris is and idiot, was lens evaluation
From: "Grigorov, Boris" <BGrigorov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 12:13:20 -0400
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 14:12:10 -0700
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OM] Lense evaluation

>Ok, Boris, I admit to being confused, or are Boris Grigov and Grigov,
>Boris 2 different list members?

Can't help you with this one.  I go by Boris Grigorov when I write from my
Excite account and by Grigorov, Boris when I write from work, and receive
the digest in both accounts.  If it comes during the day, I read it during
brakes at work, in the eves I read and write from the other.  Really want to
use my real first name, which is Borislav, but having someone pronounce your
name is not exactly a conversation starter.so, even in legal docs, it has
been Boris for the past 11 years.

>1. I don't recall being proud of a fang lately and haven't bought any
>Sigma lens in at least a year, must be somebody else.

Of course, coz you did not.  Somewhere between meetings (on that little
later), I confused Lama and Moose

>2&3. OK, you do or don't have an miJ 50/1.8. You do understand when we
>refer to miJ, we mean the last version, where the serial number moved
>from the front ring to the back of the mount and the 'made in Japan'
>moved from mount to front ring, compared to all previous versions?

Nope, I do not have it (I'll check again when I get home..more on this
later) and yes I understand, and have not confused this one (yet...).
Actually I have been on this list since early 1997?, but of course you do
not know much about me, because the only messages I ever posted were the
"make fun of someone's spelling" type ...:-).  Never owned a gun or an SUV
and do not know much about them.except from reading about them here.  So
that makes me unqualified to write about what seems to be the 3/4 of the
message traffic on this list.

>4. Somebody else again. I have mostly lower tier High End audio
>equipment except for speakers, which were Stereophole Class A (limited
>bass) before they demoted them to Class B when more expensive stuf from
>the same manufacturer sounded even better. Kinda weird logic, I thought,
>since the rest of the stuff inn those 2 classes didn't move, but I like
>the speakers anyway. And my turntable and arm only cost $1,000 a few
>years ago, so it can't be much good. Certainly that's good, 'cause I
>don't have to move it from its perch on top of the equipment cabinet,
>where it works fine even with the sub-woofers up a bit. Anyway, the
>point, if there is one, is that I've never before posted anything about
>audio equipment on this list, so you must be referring to someone else.

That's Lama (as promised, more on that later.).  Why does it seem that
everyone else on this list knows about audio more than I do.  And I am the
one who build a system myself.  Guess have to start keeping up again with
all that @#$%.

>General rule: I'm happy to be misattributed when the recipient of any
>sort of praise and would appreciate misattribution of anything I post
>that draws criticism to someone else :-) :-)

>Moose

Nope, you can't get away with this one, this list has too many watchful
eyes.  See, I did not get away with it, neither will you.  I new yesterday
driving on the way home what I did, but ducked, hoping that no one would
really read my messages.
So, this is the hour of revelation.  I think I have an excuse for all this.
See, in the past two years, with the exception of one measly month an a
half, I do not remember working less than 11 hours a day.  This is something
that I must do (for a while).  No, it is not the lifestyle or any of that.
As a matter of fact, I require  very little space and very few material
things to be happy.
My purpose in life, I know how pathetic this sounds, is to get some sleep.
Somewhere between meeting and reading at odd hours, being exhausted and
trying to keep with everyone and everything, I confused Lama and Moose's
Sigma and audio activities (but you have to give me a credit, coz I
discovered it on my own.).  So, now I am embarrassed , because I made a big
A@@ of myself.
Lama and Moose, please, accept my apologies.  I promise, that next time when
I decide to check your spelling, I would credit the right person.
Seriously, I am really sorry.
Now back to work.
Boris
P.S.  My other Sigma arrived last night, opinions on it would be posted when
available.