Re: [OM] OT: Beirax Baier Camera - 1930's?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Beirax Baier Camera - 1930's?
From: "RickM" <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 17:24:04 -0700
Hello John,

Thanks for the info and offer! Using your info i found quite a few listings
for Woldemar Beier on google, including one with a photo of the camera which
looks very much like mine, at least from the outside ;-)
http://home.zugang.net/petermann/beirax.htm. It will take a few days as i
don't have a digital camera, but i'll take and scan some photos of it also.

Thanks,

RickM
[Note to self: use spell check after an evening at the pub!]

John said:

>  According to McKeowns Price Guide to Antique and classic Cameras
> 2001-2002 : The Beirax is a 6x9 camera made by Beir(Kamera-Fabrik
> Woldemar Beier,Freital Germany)in 1930,(Beirax II-1953). There is often
> a button under the leather to push to release the bed if it is wood. If
> it is metal, there is usually a release on top that you push while
> trying to pull down the drop bed. If you send me a jpeg, I might be able
> to spot the release for you.
<snip>