Re: [OM] OT Mike's new skiff

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Mike's new skiff
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 07:40:22 -0600
At 02:37 AM 5/26/2003 -0400, Rich (Doggre@xxxxxxx) wrote:
Mike posted:
>http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/skiff.jpg

Nice. I worked on one VERY similar to that. A 125' Willard, the "Silverado," the first fiberglass megayacht, I believe. The two launches were 20 ft. Aquasports (Florida) and it had a helo pad and a golden swan for a bathtub spout. Some folks live another cut above the rest of us. Last time I saw her she was moored at the Seattle Yacht Club. I'd be VERY curious to know the builder and history of that boat, Mike, if she's still there and you're brave enough & have time to ask about her (you just might get a tour!).

What nation's flag is that? Too much red for Canada. Sure looks like a Willard, nationality aside.

I'm honestly not sure, but the upper corner makes me think it's a Union Jack (or somesuch), which in combination with some individualized elements is still used by some nations, such as Bermuda and Australia (and of course the United Kingdom!). If the upper corner (I think it's called the "canton") isn't a UJ, there's still a bunch of countries in the Caribbean that have a lot of red in the field of the flag -- one of those, perhaps?

Garth