Re: [OM] Provia 400F 8X10 anybody?

Subject: Re: [OM] Provia 400F 8X10 anybody?
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 12:15:51 +0200
Hi, Dan and all.

I have no prints from Provia 400F, but I've made recently some 8x10"
Ilfochromes from Sensia 400 (similar to P400F, in my experience), pushed to
800. They looked good -- only those pics with soft lighting were a bit
grainy, IMHO.

However, I think that would improve if you don't push the film. In the
past, I made several 8x10" (then so called) Cibachromes from the old
Fujichrome 400, with very good results.

Maybe you'll get the best speed-grain balance with Provia 100F pushed 2
stops. For better shadow detail, I rate it 320. Works fine for me.

Best regards,

Carlos J. Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<http://cjss.galeon.com>