[OM] RE: Boris is and idiot, was lens evaluation

Subject: [OM] RE: Boris is and idiot, was lens evaluation
From: "Boris Grigorov" <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 09:44:41 -0400 (EDT)
Moose wrote:
>Same for me, although I have shot weapons courtesy of the US Coast
>Guard

Actually, I have a lot of experience shooting weapons, but have not used
anything that in this country would be considered a weapon.
When I was in 6th grade, somehow I became friends with one of the best
instructors in my city.  This gave me an unlimited access to air rifles.  Also,
I would never forget the "applied military shooting" (rough translation)team I
was involved with for about 5 years.  The competition involves 2 parts:
In the first, you run a mile carrying your .22 rifle and shoot at 5 targets.
If you miss, you must run penalty laps (think it was 200m).
In the second, you go through a track and do things: throw a grenade through a
window (penalty lap if you miss), jump over a wall, run on a bar, crawl under
barb wire stuff I do not remember and of course at the end when you are tired
and can barely catch your breath, you shoot this time with an air rifle at 5
targets, you guessed right, penalty if you miss.
It was fun while it lasted.  At the time was just a game, then one day I grew
up and realized what this skills are used in real life...
I am not sure if I am better person now.  Gave up a promising carreer as a
painter to became an engineer and at present am building one of the ultimate
killing machines...

Rich wrote:

>Oh, no... you're not THAT Moose, are you?  With the propeller >tatoos, and the
>"Officer's Mess" tatoos on his butt?

Rich, may I ask just out of curiosity and feel free to describe in detail about
the circumstances in which you found that officer Moose has a tatoo on his
butt...?
Boris