Re: [OM] OT: where to stay in the State of Washington

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: where to stay in the State of Washington
From: Joshua Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 21:12:18 -0700
Richard F. Man wrote:
I am planning to spend a few days in WA with my wife. We like to do some hikes, quiet times etc. Hotel/Motel/hot shower a must :-) Which part of the State would you recommend? Right in Seattle, or up North, say around Deception Pass?

Do you prefer mountain hikes, or shorlines? If you want to be
close to civilization but enjoy quiet beach hikes, stay downtown
and take the passenger ferry to Vashon Island and you can hike
for miles along the beaches. Or stay at a B&B on the island if
being in the city isn't important. I have a small selection of
Vashon photos at http://www.phred.org/~josh/vashon/vash.html

If you prefer mountain hikes, then the North Cascades are
excellent, just up Hwy 20 from the Deception Pass area.

--
Joshua Putnam, Putnam Financial Services
Voice: 206/992-2296   Fax: 425/793-3623