[OM] [Digital] New interpolation software site

Subject: [OM] [Digital] New interpolation software site
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 08:07:30 -0600
Greetings, everybody.

A buddy of mine (who I've referred to before -- he's the professional commercial photographer) has just started a new website along with several partners, the purpose of which is to discuss various methods for interpolating digital images for high-quality extreme enlargements. In addition, his site is being partially sponsored by the sales of a piece of software called "S-Spline 2," which is the brainchild of some Russian math types. This software uses one of several new algorithms unavailable in other commercial packages for upscaling interpolation, and can be used either stand-alone or as a Photoshop plug-in. My buddy's already used this software for commercial applications, and is quite pleased with the results.

I know there's been discussion of doing heavy-duty enlargements of digital images on this List before, and thought this might be of interest to some of you. The site is:

     http://www.interpolateTHIS.com

There's examples, links to reviews, etc. Other than the fact that one of the site partners is a good friend, I have no connection to the site, and certainly no commercial interest in how it fares. Just thought I'd let people know.

Garth

P.S.:  I am planning to buy a copy myself -- I'm gonna be needing it.  8^>