Re: [OM] ...Tamron 28-105/2.8 SP .....

Subject: Re: [OM] ...Tamron 28-105/2.8 SP .....
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 05:46:17 -0400
You traded your 28-105 and got a Zuiko 35-80 and some cash!  Wow!

Tom

> I had this lens for about a year before I traded it for a 35-80/2.8 +
cash.  It makes great pictures, but it's quite a big, honking lens.  82mm
filter!  The zoom range was always a plus, especially the 28.  It has a
unusally small focusing ring, as it's primarily an AF lens.  It also grows a
LOT (~3x) when zoomed out, which makes it quite large at 105mm, especially
with the tulip hood.  In general, I found that it was too large to balance
well with the svelte OM bodies.  As with many newer lenses, it also felt
very plasticy.  At the indoor functions where it excelled, it tended to
overwhelm my subjects; I got a lot of "Wow, look at that lens." comments,
which isn't what I wanted.  My Leica M's or an OM with a small prime are
much better at stealthy photos.