Re: [OM] zuiko 50f1.2 question....

Subject: Re: [OM] zuiko 50f1.2 question....
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 16:24:37 -0500
Some "non-Olympus" filters have threads that are too long and can screw
too deeply into the lens.  When that happens, removal will eventually
cause the name ring that retains the filter ring to loosen.

You can tighten the name ring with heavy tweezers (most of them have
notches for this purpose), but use care lest you scratch.  Or you can
tighten it with a large rubber stopper (many hardware stores stock
them), or even rubber from an old inner tube stretched over a jar that
fits within the filter ring.

Thereafter, don't tighten your filters so tightly!  Or buy Olympus-brand
filters!