Re: [OM] FA: 35-70mm f4 hood.

Subject: Re: [OM] FA: 35-70mm f4 hood.
From: John and Julie Ockman <jrockman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 19:34:53 -0400
Moose,
 I do not hesitate to ship by 1st class/Letter Airmail if I know the
person I am dealing with. As much as I ship, the last thing I want, is
people complaining about my delivery methods. I use Priority Mail
because I always way over pack so that it takes a box, and the box for
Priority is free if I do not have enough recycle boxes around. Once you
get up to 10 ounces, the difference between 1st class, and Prioity Mail
just go away considering the slight increase in price, and the delivery
time.
 I know of the temptation of moving fees into shipping, but have avoided
doing so myself because I have seen some rather heated discussions of it
on different lists. I tend to undersetimate shipping  (my scale is not
that accurate) and that makes me happy. I'll take a loss every now and
then just to avoid the hassle. I have gotten seriously burned by as much
as $10.00 in shipping overseas though, and I've done it more than a few
times. Stupid me. YMMV.

John