Re: [OM] OT: Trip to Mon Lake area

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Trip to Mon Lake area
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 17:57:25 -0700
Not a whole lot right there. I stayed at a motel in LeeVining once probably 20 years ago just as a stopping place. It was fine for that, but nothing fancy.

If you are planning to go through Yosemite, the Tioga Pass road is still closed. The are shooting to have it open by the 6th., but you should check <http://www.nps.gov/yose/now/tioga.htm> before leaving. Sonora Pass is open.
Check out the June Lakes area. I've hiked up into Yosemite from there.

Moose

Richard F. Man wrote:

I am an idiot. Now it is Plan B. We are planning to go to the Mono Lake area instead of WA State. Same time frame Friday the 13th to 16/17th or so. Any recommendation as to where to stay for best views/hiking etc.?