Re: [OM] Screwed by an OM'er on eBay?

Subject: Re: [OM] Screwed by an OM'er on eBay?
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 13:57:51 -0400
Anybody know, ever heard of, or had any dealings with a John
Raymond, using the name beewee2003 on eBay?  He claims to be an OM
user and has had a few Olympus items for sale recently.

After 60 or more eBay deals that went well, it's starting to look
like I may be involved in the first where I'm trying to be
screwed.  We'll see about that!  I would welcome any suggestions
or advice from those of you with more experience in dealing with
these situations than I have had.

Rather than go on a libelous rant, I will post here a copy of the
last e-mail I sent to this guy, both directly to what purports to
be his eBay address, pandionhalietius@xxxxxxx, and through eBay,
and to which, like the previous e-mails, there has been no
response:

------

Dear John Raymond, a/k/a beewee2003:

Two weeks ago, on May 16, I used the BIN option on an eBay Second
Chance Offer made by you:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2929217430

I paid the sum of $94.88 immediately thereafter through PayPal,
Transaction ID: 65H5205616509925D.  Ten days later, since I had
received neither the item nor any communication regarding this
transaction, I became concerned and sent an e-mail to you at the
address I obtained from PayPal, plutofido@xxxxxxx.  I received no
response.

Now a search on eBay reveals that this very item I had already
bought and paid for, you sold three days later, on May 19, in
another auction for a few dollars more:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=2929474857

The second chance offer obviously was your idea.  Were you not
notified by eBay that the offer had been accepted and payment
made?  Did PayPal fail to send you the same e-mail they send
everyone else that someone had sent you money and detailing
precisely who and what for?  Were you not at all curious that
$94.88 mysteriously appeared in your PayPal account?

In any event, the situation is as it is, and I will, for the
moment, assume this has all been an innocent mixup.  But unless
you have another identical item to send to me immediately, I must
demand that you deposit $94.88 into my PayPal account within 24
hours.  Should you fail to do so, I intend to vigorously pursue
whatever remedies are available to me through eBay and PayPal, and
otherwise, if need be.

And be assured that I will certainly leave you feedback
commensurate with the circumstances.

Walt Wayman
------

I'm starting to get pissed, and you know what happens when that
happens!  Give me some guidance.

Walt