RE: [OM] OM2S- more reliable than OM4?

Subject: RE: [OM] OM2S- more reliable than OM4?
From: "Gary L. Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 18:07:48 -0500
Jim,

In 26 years of OM shooting (OM-1, OM-2, OM-2N, OM-4, OM-4T, OM-1N), I've
never had one quit on me.  I've had things that had to get fixed, but never,
ever had a body with a good set of batteries fail to be able to meter and
take pictures.  That service has included climbing a few (non-technical)
mountains, hanging out of fixed- and rotary-winged aircraft, riding inflated
rafts in serious rapids, Costa Rican rain- and cloudforests, Alaskan and
Washington rainforests, a western Pacific atoll (salt-fog and 100% RH),
unattended use in a gypsum desert; you get the picture.  This isn't to say
that all OMs are totally reliable; just that I'm impressed with what I've
seen.  So I can't offer any ranking.

Gary Edwards  (who, having said the above, now expects my newest body to
implode on next use. . .)

www.peopleplacesflight.com