RE: [OM] Focusing Screens

Subject: RE: [OM] Focusing Screens
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 22:58:39 -0700

Thanks, I wouldn't think KEH would sell me a faulty lens rated at
excellent. KEH is a great camera co.

KEH is as reliable as it gets. I've a "bargain" lens from them that's nearly perfect save for some minor (and common) wear marks. The only fault I could have had with the purchase was the lens (85-250mm Zuiko) came sans rear cap . . . which I already had ample surplus of seeing as how I work with three bodies simultaneously--I was just in a bitchy mood that day, I guess. Anyway, I called back and argued it was illogical to sell a decently-expensive lens without caps front and back.

Well, the lady I spoke with said she'd have someone look around for a rear cap, and sure enough a week later a rear cap dutifully trailed along in the mail, plus a couple of front lens caps, one 55mm, the other 49mm. The latter were thrown in, I suppose, because I'd told her all my lenses took either 55mm or 49mm front caps. She must have been listening afterall.

Good people, those KEH folk. Find anything better and I'll do business there. Not holding my breath, though.

Tris

P.S. Just to keep it on topic (re screens): I often take the opportunity to advertise John H's etched lines for rule-of-thirds use. Try 'em. They're useful as hell (and cheap at twice the price).