Re: [OM] Fake Paypal message

Subject: Re: [OM] Fake Paypal message
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 18:03:13 -0400
At 17:37 5/31/03, Tom Scales wrote:
I'd be willing to BET that when you submit that form it does NOT go to
Paypal but to someone stealing your credit card info.  They would NEVER ask
you to fill out such a form.

Tom

Received similar scam email about a CitiBank "c2it" account that I don't have (never have done business with CitiBank). It originated from an ISP in Canada. Yep, it's a ***SCAM*** intended to vacuum up account information for theft of identity and account funds. It's hard for me to imagine someone providing the magnitude of information (including mother's maiden name, etc.) in reply to an ***unsolicited*** email, but I suppose it works on the "shotgun" approach: send out 30M and if there's only 10 replies, it works.

-- John