RE: [OM] Body Cap with a hole, is pinhole "lens"?

Subject: RE: [OM] Body Cap with a hole, is pinhole "lens"?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 23:38:13 -0400
At 22:26 5/31/03, you wrote:
> There's not way I'd poke a hole in a perfectly good body cap though.

Why not ?  I bought 5 genuine Oly caps from a camera shop Friday for
$AU1 each !

...Wayne

My thoughts are along the same lines. My "body caps" are one 50/1.2 and three 50/1.4 lenses. ;-)

One can get a "generic" plastic cap and mutilate it! Actually, companies make "pinhole" foils for mounting on lens boards. One could drill a larger hole in a generic cap and mount the pinhole foil over hole in the body cap.

-- John