[OM] buying a cheap tripod?

Subject: [OM] buying a cheap tripod?
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 16:39:17 +0800
My OM1n is fairly small IMHO..

And I think I am going to be headed to Palau next month!! So probably my standard Reala, but I'm going to sneak some Velvia in, because land and seascapes like that, God intended for Velvia..

My question is, because I'm going to blow the majority of my $$$ on the vacation, also, because I'll be hiking in non-trails.. I'm thinking about buying a fairly small, fairly cheap tripod. Is that a smart thing to do? I don't think I'll be wanting to lug around anything big, and also, probably can't afford it right now.. I was thinking one of those smaller tripods designed for digital cameras??

Albert