Re: [OM] buying a cheap tripod?

Subject: Re: [OM] buying a cheap tripod?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 07:39:52 EDT
In a message dated 6/2/2003 3:39:24 AM Central Standard Time,
olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I was thinking one of those
> smaller tripods designed for digital cameras??

What are you planning on putting on top of it and how often are you going to
use it?  If an OM and a 50mm f3.5 macro or 24m f2.8 you might look at the
Velbon i 343E.  If you are planning on a heavier lens/body combination,
frequent
use and a cheap tripod, you might IMHO, plan on being dissatisfied with the
photographs of your trip.  I've bough a couple of cheap ones and I got what I
paid for.  Bill Barber