Re: [OM] need camera

Subject: Re: [OM] need camera
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 08:28:30 -0400
I don't think I've ever gotten a 3 or 4 from Hawaii for repair.   The 1s and
2s have had absolutely the worst foam I've every seen, in the back slots and
against the prism. All prisms had severe damage. These cameras came from
private individuals, not dealers.  Meter pulleys that almost
never went bad didn't turn on these cameras because there was fine salt
corrosion or residue.   I'm sure there are a lot of cameras in Hawaii that
are working fine, I saw these bad ones for obvious reasons.
One camera owner told me that brand new appliances like washing machines end
up with rusted outer casings in just a few years.  Buying directly from a
reputable dealer in Hawaii is probably safer than an unknown individual on
eboy .

I'd take any 2N or 1N first.  If I needed multispot, I'd use a 4T/Ti.  Then
a 3Ti (partially for the "wow" factor),.  Below that, the 2S, then  I'd take
a PC (40). After that comes the G (20) as it wouldn't cost much, is reliable
if set up properly, and runs like a bat outta hell with MD 1. Next is the
OM-10 (type 2, above serial number 2,000,000) which inside, especially the
shutter, is like an OM-G.  I wouldn't want to rely on a plain old style 10
(unless it had a good prism.....)

1N, 2N
4T, Ti
3Ti