[OM] Re: Mechanical Shutters vs. Electronic

Subject: [OM] Re: Mechanical Shutters vs. Electronic
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 10:03:41 -0700
>From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>He says... that I should get a "new" camera, because mechanical cameras are
>always inconsistant and off by at least a 1/3rd of a stop.

Does it take good pictures?

If so, don't worry, be happy.

Electronically controlled mechanical shutters can also be off. There's nothing
magic about "electronic". There is still lubrication to dry out, moving parts
to wear and bind, as well as electronic parts to age and deteriorate!

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: HTML email goes right in the trash! Turn off HTML if you want to email me.