[OM] Camera -- to abuse or not ?

Subject: [OM] Camera -- to abuse or not ?
From: petertje@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 18:34:49 +0100
Hi,

This is a question that I've been asking myself for some time.  Suppose you're
on the road with your favourite body and lens.  For me, that's a 4Ti with a
90mm/f2.0.  For others it could be an OM2SP with a 250mm/f2.0, or for you it
could be your old but trustworthy OM1 with a 50mm/f1.8.  It doesn't matter too
much.

It's raining like hell.  Maybe you're on a little island and there's plenty of
spray from the sea.  Maybe you're in a sand storm in a desert, or in the woods
with plenty of crap flying around.

Do you take out the camera to take a picture of that oh-so impressive weather ?
 Knowing that it might work this time and next time, but one day it will break
your favourite camera ?

I was considering this while visiting south Ireland (Co.Kerry).  In the woods,
it was really hot and humid and the rain came pouring down, and a companion's
Min*lta whish-bang plastic-fantastic gave up.  My OM happily shot everything I
wanted.  I'm not going to stop myself from doing this, but I know that one day,
I might find a group of nice vegetables inhabiting my beloved lens, or worse.

How do you feel about this dilemma ?

Peter.