[OM] Can you really go home again?

Subject: [OM] Can you really go home again?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 11:51:14 -0700 (PDT)
Saturday, I took a few hours and packed the girls and the
cameras into the Jeep and headed down to Red Rock for some
4-wheeling and 4-tography

Well, Turned east at Udders (steak restaurant) and went a couple
of miles and stopped at a break in the fence.  Grabbed the
cameras, including the 4x5 and headed up into the cornfield.

Yes, it's the old, abandoned homestead featured in the
TOPE-Landscapes picture.  This time I wanted to try it with zero
grain--hence the 4x5.

Unfortunately, the leaves were on the trees so it looked much
less forlorn. I did some serious rise to keep the convergence in
check, and blew 120 square inches of Delta 100 on it. Not sure
if any of them will have any "mood" to them, but I did get puffy
clouds.

Onward... We piled back in the Jeep and we headed south. Almost
ran over a HUGE bull snake and finally made it down to the
water.  Lake level is way up so it was an adventure getting
anywhere along the trail that ran along the lake.  One
particular low spot had boats going over it. I decided to not
chance it.  Backed up a steep hill about 100 meters before I
could turn around.  Scattered a few stones on that manouver.
Went the other way and a couple of miles later ALMOST made it
back to the "official road".  Would have made it, except there
was another boat where the trail normally resided. Decided to
cut around in this farm field, except that the water had been
higher so it was a pretty slimey, thick muck over clay.  My
street tires weren't designed for that, so I kept my foot in it
and swung back onto the road as quickly as I could.  Negotiated
my way back over the high-water mark of tree trunks and branches
and went back the way we came.

I'm not suggesting that the Jeep was clean BEFORE this trip, but
it definitely wasn't now.  I think the paint color was red. The
tires were not black.  The windows weren't clear.

I did get out and looked it over thinking that it would be a
good picture, but it wasn't THAT good.  And somethings you don't
necessarily want your wife finding out, either.

Therefore, on the way back home, we stopped off at a carwash and
blew a few bucks disposing of the evidence of my transgression.
Six dollars later, it was all shiney both topside and
underneath.  There were huge globs of dirt on the ground, but
nothing a shovel wouldn't take care of.

I figured that my secret was relatively safe.  We weren't home
one minute when my eldest started telling Mommy about the snake
and the younger telling about the mudbog.

I explained:  "Well, it needed washing anyway.  And I noticed
that you washed YOUR Jeep the other day too.  Mind explaining
why there are random droppings of clay on your side of the
garage floor?"

I probably should be more careful.  Her Jeep is taller than
mine.  But, I'm still trying to figure out how she kept the
girls quiet about that adventure.

AG <ducking flying dirt clumps> Schnozz