Re: [OM] Camera -- to abuse or not ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera -- to abuse or not ?
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 00:33:30 +0200
On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:50:37 -0700 (PDT)
AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<SNIP>

> 2. Rainstorm.  Well, I'm a great fan of those freebie
> shower-caps from hotel stays.  Go ahead and tripod mount the
> camera/lens and pop the cap over it.  The elastic band holds it
> in place in everything but a typhoon.  Lift up the shower-cap
> from the lens just long enough to focus and shoot.

Excellent idea. I should try that - never thought that those
shower-caps could be usefull for anything, but this is worth a
try....

<SNIP>

> Of the dozen or so times that I've soaked my camera equipment I
> let it air out in the sun.  Nothing that some natural UV can't
> take care of.  I've only had two lenses ever develop any kind of
> fungus and I sold those.

Ahh, so those were the "Olympus Silver-Nosed 100/2.8 soft portrait
lens - special limited production run from Olympus for the
professional portrait photographer" that went on the bay a while ago
:)

<SNIP>

> AG-full disclosure-Schnozz

--thomas