Re: [OM] buying a cheap tripod?

Subject: Re: [OM] buying a cheap tripod?
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 09:08:36 +0800
You nailed it Dan,

As long as I don't lie to myself and think it's a real tripod. My friend's got a super duper heavy heavy, don't walk 5 feet from the car Bogen. The vacation shots I had from shooting atop of that, was what gave me newfound respect for the Zuiko lenses. I had a shot, even at 1000th of a second handheld, and compared the shot to a tripod, with mirrorlockup and cable triggered.. NO COMPARISON. The details on the tripod were so sharp it looked like someone screwed with it in photoshop. Same picture, same camera, same film, same development. I was wondering if I would remember if I shot handheld first or tripod first, the results were so obvious under the loupe..

I will probably be hiking in less than ideal conditions, and for a long time. That being the case, as much as I'd love to have a good tripod with a very solid ball head, I don't think it's an option..

Albert