[OM] Camera -- to abuse or not ?

Subject: [OM] Camera -- to abuse or not ?
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 06:18:26 EDT
I've had my OM-2S in icy drippy wet weather up in the snow in October in the
Kettle Range in NE WA, up on dusty (gritty volcanic dust) trails on Mt.
Rainier in summer.  And in more than one Puget Sound "sprinkle" (including a
seagull
bombing raid of clamshells & poop).  Ya takes yer chances.

If I waited for perfect conditions before taking a camera along, I'd miss
half my pics.  As Jim said, exercise as much caution and care as you can... but
DO forge ahead.

I probably wouldn't take my 85/2 or 300/4.5 out in sloppy conditions, but the
rest of them are going to work for a living.  If my 35-105 gets fungus or
bashed to pieces in a bad fall, I'll cry... and then get another.  It pretty
much
goes everywhere, every time.  :-)

Rich